Columbia Runs Away With Early Lead in Victory
- Newark Academy watched the game slip away early and couldn't recover in a 12-1 loss to Columbia on Wednesday. Columbia scored on a single by #33 and a single by #12 in the first inning.
- The Newark Academy struggled to put runs on the board and had a tough time defensively containing Columbia, giving up 12 runs.
- Columbia got things moving in the first inning, when #33 singled on a 1-0 count, scoring one run.
- Columbia scored four runs in the sixth inning. Columbia big bats were led by #12, #6, #5, and #2, who each had RBIs in the inning.
- #18 was in the circle for Columbia. She allowed five hits and one run over six innings, striking out four.
- Lily Rosenberg led things off in the pitcher's circle for Newark Academy. She went six innings, allowing 12 runs on 12 hits.
- Newark Academy racked up five hits. Olivia Mudrick and Rosenberg each racked up multiple hits for Newark Academy. Rosenberg and Mudrick all had two hits to lead Newark Academy.
- Columbia totaled 12 hits in the game. #2, #12, #33, #16, and #10 all collected multiple hits for Columbia. #2 led Columbia with three hits in four at bats.