The Middle School Advisory theme for the month of October is Self-Awareness. Last Friday, September 28, the 8th Grade Advisory Council presented at Middle School morning meeting, “Dare to Be Aware,” in which they explained the importance of not only understanding yourself, but also how important it is to understand how other people perceive you.
Advisory Council is a brand-new program started by Middle School Counselor Kirsti Morin. After projects and presentations last year, the goal this year was to get the students more involved, so last spring the students came up with initiatives for each month. For those looking to get involved, the Advisory Council meets once a cycle on Day 3 from 11:55 a.m.-12:25p.m. in room 401.
Here are the rest of the planned advisories for the school year and the Middle School morning meeting dates they will be presented:
- November: "I don't know" November "and it's ok" led by 7th grade Advisory Council on November 5, 2018
- December: Anxiety led by 8th grade Advisory Council on December 3, 2018
- January: January JOY led by Kirsti Morin (no morning meeting)
- February: Kindness led by 7th grade Advisory Council on January 28, 2019
- March: PAUSE led by Kirsti. Morin (no morning meeting)
- April: Inclusion led by 8th grade Advisory Council on April 1, 2019
- May: Mental Health May led by 7th grade Advisory Council on April 29, 2019