One of the oldest independent day schools in the United States, Newark Academy is a thriving community of 625 students grades 6-12, with outstanding faculty and administrative leadership. Located in suburban Northern New Jersey, Newark Academy is a highly selective, academically rigorous school distinguished by the deep connections fostered between students and teachers, a commitment to diversity of people and ideas, and an institution-wide commitment to excellence.
Newark Academy seeks to create a pool of individuals aligned with our mission to serve as Substitute Teachers in the middle and high school. A successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for teaching and learning and have the ability to:
- demonstrate care and respect for all students by implementing the lessons provided by the teacher in a thoughtful manner.
- be actively engaged with students in the classroom and other supervisory duties.
- ensure that the time spent in class is treated as a critical resource for learning.
- communicate expectations for classroom behaviors for students respectfully and fairly.
- ask questions or seek help when needed form administrators, faculty, or staff to support students and the teachers.
Ideal candidates will have classroom teaching experience and/or specific content expertise. These are on-call, pool positions for which daily assignments would be mutually agreed upon based on need and availability. Interested candidates should forward a letter of interest and résumé to Traci Osterhagen, Dean of Faculty, at email@example.com
Newark Academy seeks and celebrates diversity in its faculty, staff, and student body. In admissions and employment practices, scholarship aid and educational programs, Newark Academy upholds applicable state and federal laws and regulations prohibiting unlawful discrimination.